Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Class Summary.

  I started this class with the expectation of suffering through boring books full of out of date language rambling about the happenings of the past, only to have my expectations shredded, turned into confetti, and thrown in my face. With the guidance of Professor Sexson, I was taken on a journey discovering the past and discovering myself. Every time I learned something new it felt as though a light was turned on somewhere in the dark that beckoned me to the next doorway. Not only were the things I was learning applicable to my everyday life, but they were incredibly fun! The assignments and atmosphere in class were pleasant and encouraging. Not only was the educational leadership astounding, but the classmates along my side were nothing but encouraging and intelligent.
  I have learned to listen, dig deeper, and get to the bottom of the iceberg in every possible situation. I have realized that sometimes a painful initiation is a good thing and is only designed to make us grow as humans in a society. I have even been humbled by unexpected successes and failures through the course of my semester. Ultimately, this will go down in my history book as one of the most influential classes of my undergraduate career.
  Thank you Professor, you will be greatly missed!
If I could teach you, teacher,
I'd teach you how much more
you have accomplished
than you think you have.
I'd show you the seeds
you planted years ago
that are now coming into bloom.
I'd reveal to you the young minds
that have expanded under your care,
the hearts that are serving others
because they had you as a role model.
If I could teach you, teacher,
I'd show you the positive effect
you have had on me and my life.
Your homework is
to know your value to the world,
to acknowledge it, to believe it.
Thank you

By Joanna Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment